Summary of Role
Helping Hands is a rapidly growing care company currently undertaking a complete digital transformation, including new systems and software tools. One of the key ambitions is the upgrade, expansion, and centralisation of existing reporting capabilities.
As a BI Developer you will work within the Analytics team, building and developing the data journey from start to finish, from raw inputs to actionable BI insight. You will be required to design, develop, and maintain BI solutions; crafting and executing data queries, and presenting information via reports and visualizations.
Candidates must have a knowledge of SQL databases and queries, and a history of business data analysis. If you are also analytical, with an aptitude for problem-solving, then we would like to meet you.
- Translate business needs to technical specifications:
- Understand data flows and relationships between various integrated systems.
- Liaise with other departments to understand requirements.
- Assess the existing reporting capabilities and plan deliverables.
- Manage Data Warehouse and data models:
- Maintain existing data connections, transformations, and outputs.
- Build SQL queries, create API calls, and other methods of data extraction.
- Develop data models and performance metrics.
- Clearly document data flows and processes.
- Define and build analytical reports and visualisations:
- Manage deployment of reports, dashboards, and other outputs to the business.
- Perform root cause analysis, review performance, and produce actionable insights.
- Communicate data interpretations and analysis to a non-technical audience.
- A highly analytical and problem-solving mindset is essential.
- Demonstrable experience in SQL and data modelling (syntax, operators, joins, merges)
- Experience in managing or using a data warehouse or other ETL tools.
- Experience in data processing and analytics tools – Power BI, QlikView, Tableau, etc.
- Advanced Excel, Google Sheets, or similar products.
- Excellent collaborative and communicative skills.
- Familiarity with the care industry would be ideal, but not essential.
Salary: £30k - £40k dependent on experience